1: Dominance – High "D" Style
• Listen to what they want to accomplish, how they are motivated and what they would like to change.
• Convey openness and acceptance of them.
• Listen to their suggestions.
• Appreciate and acknowledge them when possible.
• Maintain eye contact and don't interrupt their conversation.
• Summarize their achievements and accomplishment.
2: Influence – High "I" Style
• Show you are interested in them, let them talk and be enthusiastic.
• Listen to their dreams and goals.
• Listen to their personal feelings and experiences.
• Give them your attention, time, and presence.
• Be sure to maintain eye contact.
• Provide positive feedback; compliment them, when appropriate.
• Match their energy, tone, and pace.
3: Steadiness – High "S" Style
• S's need patience and reassurance.
• Be sensitive to their feelings and emotions.
• Listen to how something affects them and their relationships with others.
• Listen for the risk or changes they may want to avoid.
• Listen for fears or concerns.
• Listen for opportunities to provide positive feedback and appreciation.
4: Conscientious – High "C" Style
• Listen for ways to compliment them for their thoroughness and correctness.
• Listen to their concerns, reasoning, and suggestions.
• Listen for specific facts, data, and specifications that are important to them.
• Listen for ways they want to solve the problem and be open to their ideas.
• Listen for specific time frames or deadlines that are important to them.
• Be aware that they may not show outward emotions.