Updated: Jan 6, 2020
1: Dominance – High "D" Style
• When it is appropriate to reward or reinforce their behavior, focus on how pleased you are with their results.
• Mention how glad you are to be a part of the process working with them to make things better for both of you through cooperation.
2: Influence – High "I" Style
• Focus on how glad you are they have succeeded in finding a pleasant solution to their concern or objective.
• Show you appreciate them for their openness and willingness to respond to you in a way that allows everyone to end up feeling good about the results.
3: Steadiness – High "S" Style
• Focus on how you sincerely appreciate their willingness to make things good for everyone • Approach matters in a systematic, low-keyed, and understanding manner, and reinforce the importance of them sharing their ideas.
4: Conscientious – High "C" Style
• Focus on your realization of how difficult it can be for them to attempt to meet the high personal standards they set for themselves.
• Cite specific and appropriate examples which prove this point.